If you’re looking for a great plant-based protein source, look no further than chickpeas! Chickpeas are packed with nutrients and provide a wide range of health benefits. Here are nine amazing reasons to include chickpeas in your diet:
- Chickpeas are a good source of protein, providing about 15 grams per cup. That’s 30% of the Daily Value (DV) in just one serving. Chickpeas are also a good source of fiber and contain several vitamins and minerals, making them a nutritious addition to your diet.
- Chickpeas are high in fiber. In fact, a cup of chickpeas has about 15 grams of fiber. That’s more than half the recommended daily amount of fiber for adults.
- Chickpeas contain essential vitamins and minerals. These include zinc, iron, and magnesium.
- Chickpeas can help you lose weight. They are low in calories and fat, and high in protein and fiber. Chickpeas also contain a compound called resistant starch, which has been shown to increase metabolism and reduce hunger. A study published in the Journal of the American College of Nutrition found that people who ate a diet rich in resistant starch lost more weight than those who ate a diet low in resistant starch.
- Chickpeas can help lower cholesterol levels. This is because chickpeas contain a type of soluble fiber called beta-glucan. Soluble fiber can help reduce cholesterol levels by binding to bile acids and removing them from the body. Chickpeas also contain phytosterols, which are plant compounds that can block the absorption of cholesterol.
- Chickpeas can improve blood sugar control. This is because chickpeas contain a type of soluble fiber called beta-glucan. Soluble fiber can help reduce cholesterol levels by binding to bile acids and removing them from the body. Chickpeas also contain phytosterols, which are plant compounds that can block the absorption of cholesterol.
- Chickpea consumption has also been linked to a reduced risk of several types of cancer, including breast, ovarian, and colon cancer. One study showed that women who ate the most chickpeas had a 24% lower risk of breast cancer. Chickpeas are also a good source of fiber, which has been linked to a reduced risk of colon cancer.
- Chickpeas may also improve gut health by promoting the growth of healthy bacteria in the gut. These healthy bacteria can help to break down food, absorb nutrients, and fight off harmful bacteria. In addition, they can also help to reduce inflammation in the gut.
- Finally, chickpeas are a delicious and versatile food that can be used in a variety of recipes. Whether you add them to salads, soups
We at Health Enhanced Foods have a great way for you to add chickpeas to your diet! Use our Chickpea Flour Pancake and Muffin Mix. You can substitute our nutritious high protein Chickpea Flour Pancake and Muffin Mix for any flour in your favorite recipes.